Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

My Return to Ecuador: Spring Break 2015

Hello blog followers! I am so glad to be back traveling and sharing all that I am doing with everyone! 

Today began my first day back in Ecuador. It was a pretty uneventful day! I arrived in Quito at 1AM and drove in a taxi for three hours to Ambato to the home of my wonderful friend, Magus. I arrived at about 3:30AM and pretty much headed straight to sleep. I was smart this time and did not check any luggage, so I had all my things! 

I slept pretty much all morning(and afternoon) until about 2:00pm (I know, I'm a tad lazy, but I am on vacation!). I showered and waited for Magus's daughters to arrive home. She has the two sweetest daughters, Maria Paula and Maria Paz. They are 13 and 7 and are the sweetest girls imaginable! When they arrived home from school, they took me down the street and we had lunch together. I sure did miss Ecuadorian food. 

The city of Ambato (see picture below) is much calmer than Quito. It is not as bustling and is more like a suburb. Plus, it is a little warmer than Quito! :) 
After lunch, the girls and I came back home and I helped Maria Paz with her homework. After we finished, we went upstairs on the roof to play with Barbies! The sun is wonderful. I can't get enough! We played for a bit and Magus arrived home around 4PM. It was her birthday today, so she received many gifts and flowers. Her family came over too and I was able to meet them all and talk. 

When her family left, we went to downtown Ambato for a tour. They city is much smaller than Quito, but just as busy. There were many beautiful parks and restaurants. We went out for a unique Ecuadorian ice cream (Ponche) and walked around. We drove around too and saw Ambato at night! I forgot my camera so I unfortunately don't have too much to share tonight! I will be sure to take lots of pictures the rest of my time here! Just wanted to check in and let everyone know I am safe and having fun! 

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday, I sent a comment to you, but it didn't reach you. I think that robut question asked at the end of your blog, messed me up.
    I am so thrilled, you are sending pictures and writing again. It is so enlightening and educational. We really love it. Pkease send the blog to Ken and Joyce and Cyndi too. Thanks, keep safe and well. Grandma and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle Slowik, with her breath taking photography and colorful commentary does the impossible. She captures the larger than life beauty and vastness of a land richly blessed beyond creation. Her photos and rhetoric portray the timeless beauty and spirituality that lives in Ecuador. Danielle is a gifted photographer and writer who takes us, the audience, on a journey towards a land and its people who are profoundly beyond measure.

    ReplyDelete