Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Adventures in the City of Baños

As you could probably tell from the title of this post, today Magus and her family took me to explore the city of Baños! It is a city near Puyo, so again, another tour and more adventure in the tropics!

Before we left for Baños (about an hour drive from Ambato), we had breakfast. Here it is! Mote(corn) and hornado(pork). So yummy. 

Here are some photos of the car ride there. This is Maria Paz and I! She is seven! 


We stopped for tamales!

We also stopped to take a picture with these parrots! There used to be three, but one fell off during the last volcanic eruption. 

Con Maria Paz!

And we arrived in Baños!

Then we stopped to do something really cool...Extreme Sports! Check it out! P.S. You don't sign any kind of waivers for this! You just go!  

Canopying! Across a cliff and waterfall! 



This one...


 It was a blast and I made it out alive! Our travels continued...

Magus and Maria Paz!


It was then onto my next extreme sport...

 That's right! Bungee Jumping!



I lived!

We then made our hike to Pailon del Diablo, one of the biggest waterfalls in Baños! We had to hike through the jungle to get there!




After the waterfall, we toured the city of Baños! Here is a church of one of the saints!

And a park in Baños.

We ate lunch and toured the streets. I think I may have found my dream job cooking Cuy!

I then got to try some Ecuadorian Candies. Here is some candy Melcocha and it s made of the juice of sugar cane. It is very, very sweet! 

Then I was able to try sugar cane by itself. It is common to eat sugar cane. You just bite it and suck out the juice!

That was our lovely trip to Baños! Hope you enjoyed the pictures and check back tomorrow for another post!



No comments:

Post a Comment