Total Pageviews

Monday, March 9, 2015

Ama La Vida: Another Day Teaching in Chibuleo

Hey all! Hope all is well where you are! Today will be a short post because I didn't do anything too exciting to share. I went with Magus to teach in Chibuleo again. I taught five different classes of students today. I really love to teach, especially English. I enjoyed myself so much and think that teaching in another country(maybe Ecuador) is something I would really love to do in the future. The more time I spend in Ecuador, the more I fall in love with the people and the country. 

Something from school that I thought I would share... 

Every Monday, all the students in the entire school line up like this by grade. They are all dressed nicely in their uniforms and sing the national anthem together outside in the courtyard. It is a lot colder at the school because we are in the mountains, but the students tough it out! After they all sing, there is usually a lesson for the week. This weeks lesson was on friendship. The sixth graders gave the presentation and prepared speeches and sang a song.


Sixth graders giving their lesson! 

I taught all day and then Magus and I arrived home around 4:30pm. We picked up the girls (her daughters) and took the bus to downtown Ambato. We walked around for a bit and I got to take a picture with some landmarks in the park. One is a statue of Juan Montavlo, a famous writer from Ambato. The other photo is of me with some of the leftover decorations from Ambato's Fruit and Flowers festival (there is a big celebration and parade in the city with lots of people, music, and dancing).



After this, Magus and I went and got manicures. A full manicure here costs two dollars with fancy designs and everything. It was to relax and experience a manicure in another country! When our nails were dry, we walked to the bus stop and talked about our cultures and the differences between Ecuador and the USA. She said she is going to work on finding me a good Ecuadorian man to marry! We had many laughs and a great talk. She usually speaks to me in Spanish so I can practice and I speak to her in English. I think my Spanish is really great and I'm grateful for all her help and correction. Her and her family have been beyond generous to me. I was going to travel to Quito tomorrow, but have decided that I will stay another day here. Tomorrow I plan on spending the whole day reading on the roof in the sun. As you may be able to tell from my pictures, I am working on a really great tan! Hope all is well! Love, Danni

1 comment:

  1. You are so awesome, and to think you might want to go to Equador to teach, blows me away! You have the patiece and the skills to be a great teacher, like your aunt and grandma. Your time is getting short, so enjoy your final days. We miss you, and sorry we will miss you for Easter. We leave the 15th, on our trip. Please be careful and safe! The experiences that you have encountered te priceless and so special. Safe trip home. Love you so much! Grandma and Papa.

    ReplyDelete